Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Beyblades, Let Me Show You Them


Okay, this may be too "niche" for any of my readers to enjoy, but I'm cataloging this for posterity because I am crying with laughter.

Some of you may be aware that I lurk and occassionally post on Neogaf, a videogame message board that is populated by gamers, geeks, and, believe it or not, industry insiders. In fact, there seems to be an intimate relationship between game creators, critics and Neogaf, which some developers would probably rather forget (Denis Dyack, I'm looking at you).

The community can be brutal. But in general, Neogaffers are insightful, witty, and enthusiastic about games. If ever a member does get out of line, he or she is usually dealt with swiftly and justly.

Now to the meat and potatoes of this post. I've only read about 5 pages of the thread entitled "Beyblade (anime where they cursed and had blood and partial nudity, mofos!) is back!," but I can already see why gaffers are hailing it as one of the funniest moments in gaming this year.

It seems an adolescent-minded gamer (brandonk129) stumbled onto Neogaf thinking he would find fellow superfans of a game and series called Beyblade, which involves spinning two Beyblade tops and "battling."

Like chum to a school of sharks, Neogaf is whipped up into a hilarious frenzy of biting wit and in-jokes. (SFW)

UPDATE: An interesting article on the Neogaf phenomenon

1 comments:

SuiginChou said...

I made it to Page 3. The Pedobear and the PC/Mac/Linux edited macros to incorporate Beyblade really made me laugh.

"P0KÉMON! >("
"YUGIOH! >("
"BEYBLADE! :D"
"........ *beat him up*"