Monday, April 28, 2008

Mario Kart Wii



Allured by Gamestop's "Turn in 2 Select Wii Games and Buy Mario Kart Wii for $10 deal," I picked up my copy and an extra controller shell Sunday. This game is a blast. The online ranking, match-ups, and content are leagues ahead of Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Despite several reviews, I think I prefer (as does my brother) using the Wii wheel. There's a bit of a learning curve, but it's much more immersive, not to mention rewarding when you win a race.

There's been a lot of hype about GTAIV this week. I'm eager to see how that sandbox of pretentiousness, violence and boredom ultimately stacks up against Nintendo's titular racer.


4 comments:

fulleju said...

Pretentiousness is in the eye of the beholder and GTAIV will be more than worthwhile.

In fact, it will be gangsta as shit. So you can be a little bitch and go play Mario in your own sandbox!

yeah ...

>.<

ps: no offense:P

fulleju said...

who the hell says "titular" ??? lol

Jay said...

All the effusive reviews have tricked me before into buying the last two GTA games. I played them for 2 days. Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. You fool me --I can't get fooled again.

SuiginChou said...

"I had the titular line in Star Wars -- 'Man, I'm really getting sick and tired of all these star wars!'"
- some show with the words "poop" and "stick" in the title that Sean and Matt used to watch in 8th grade