Tuesday, April 1, 2008

You've Got to be Kidding



Well, life just continues to suck. There I was, wading peacefully in the shallows here in Florida, minding my own business, when I feel a little tug on my right hand. The tug was so slight that I mistook it for a rolling wave and ignored it. Boy was that a mistake.

About a minute later, there's a huge splash to my side and a red-hot searing pain tears through my index, middle and ring finger. I look down just in time to see a small, dark shadow beneath the water motor away. And yes, there's blood EVERYWHERE.

It's not until I'm out of the water and on the beach that I notice my fingers are MISSING. This is just great. There go all those piano lessons. And now I'm here in the hotel typing this entry with bandaged, bloodied stubs.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
APRIL FOOLS!


Thankfully. Man, I hope I didn't just jinx myself.