Tuesday, March 4, 2008

New Song -- A Peculiar Day


Check out my music page for my latest song, "A Peculiar Day," set to some amusing pictures of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

A Peculiar Day

I've also added a higher-quality, streaming version of the song just below the youtube video. It's still not the best quality, but the difference is quite noticeable.

I had a few goals with this song. 1) keep it simple. I wanted to write something 3 or 4 musicians could play easily. 2) keep it varied. I wanted to introduce a lot of different musical ideas while resisting the urge to 'copy and paste' 3) see how long I could go. I had originally intended to write a very long piece, but as is often the case, musical ADHD set in. I was aiming for 6 minutes of music, but I couldn't pull it off. And why should I? I generally hate long tracks. They're too much of an investment. And how varied can I get with only 3 instruments before it just sounds discordant and unnecessary?

Excuses, excuses.

Nevertheless, I think everything turned out just fine, thank you. :P

0 comments: