Monday, May 26, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Close Encounters of the Third Kind



Sam and I saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull this morning. As expected, the film was disappointing on almost all fronts. John Williams seems to have delivered his most lack-luster score to date, the acting and writing were, with some exceptions, cartoonish and terrible, the style was plastic and emotionless, and the storyline was convoluted, unbelievable and unoriginal.

I award Indiana and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 2 Pope hats out of a possible 5:




2 comments:

SuiginChou said...

Still haven't seen it, but I did get a kick out of this. It's interesting to see a few extreme lovers, a few extreme haters, and then everyone else in between was like "ehhh.... it was okay, not great, not awful, just ... meh."

Hearing the one guy say "Lucas has ruined another one of his franchises" made me cringe. It confirms your testimonies and makes me scared to go see this now. The last thing I need is the Indiana Jones version of JarJar Binks haunting my memories.

Unknown said...

I disagree on every level.